As you know The International Noosa Food and Wine Festival is coming to Townsville and will be hosting a dinner at JAM Corner on the 6th March 2013.
Well known Australian Food identity Jim Berado is bringing his Executive Chef, Shane Bailey, from Berado’s Noosa, who will be joined by Martin Boetz (pictured) from Longrain – Sydney and Melbourne. Shane and Martin will work with the JAM Team to create a six course degustation dinner.
SORRY – THE DINNER IS SOLD OUT.
However, we would love to share with you a recipe being served at the Noosa Food and Wine Luncheon and Dinner!
Grilled Beef Salad with mint & roasted rice
By Martin Boetz
1.2 kg Grass fed beef sirloin
30g Coriander leaves
30g Mint leaves
30g Vietnamese mint
2 Green shallot stalks
2 Long red chillies, seeded & julienned
3 Red eschallots, peeled & finely sliced
150g Chilli jam
200ml Lime juice
30ml Fish sauce
25g roasted rice
1 Small cabbage
2 Lebanese cucumbers
25g Roasted rice
• Grill the piece of rump or sirloin on a medium to high heat until rare, about 8 minutes on all sides
• Let the cooked meat rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing, make sure you keep the juices!
• Mix chilli jam, lime juice & fish sauce to a “saucy” consistency
• Toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl
• Bind the ingredients with the dressing
• Add the meat & meat juices to the salad
• Sprinkle over the roasted rice
• Serve with fresh cabbage & cucumber
• Add raw glutinous rice to a dry, heated frying pan.
• Toast over moderate heat, stirring until the rice is golden brown.
• Pound until fine in batches using a mortar & pestle or grind in a spice grinder until a fine powder is formed.
• Store in an airtight container
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://plus.google.com/100881766022993061739[/author_image] [author_info]Matt Merrin and his team work side by side to create innovative menus at JAM Corner.[/author_info] [/author]