Rupert Murdoch visits JAM Corner Restaurant TownsvilleNovember 3, 2013
Superb Townsville Function Venues for 2014December 12, 2013
As you start to think about Christmas Lunch, I thought I’d share this great Glazed Ham Recipe with you. It’s a beauty, and you won’t be disappointed.
Christmas Ham glazed with mango, lime, Manuka honey & Baharat spices
1 Quality ham 6.5kg
150ml Manuka honey
300gm Mango puree
250ml lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Baharat spices (available at Essentially Fresh Townsville)
30-40 cloves (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C
- Combine the mango, honey, sugar, lime juice and chilli in a bowl.
- With the knife cut around the shank, then carefully peel the skin away from the ham leaving behind the fat layer.
- Score the fat evenly in a crisscross fashion without the knife reaching the flesh.
- Place the ham in your roasting tray, season the ham with the Baharat spice mix evenly over the scored leg. In every second row place a clove in each of the scored sections to form a consistent pattern.
- Add 300ml water to the roasting tray.
- Pour over the glaze mixture and place in the oven. Baste every 20 minutes and your ham will have a delicious golden glaze.
- Cook for 90 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 40 minutes prior to serving.
Ideally serve your Glazed Ham with roasted peaches and a grain & goat’s cheese salad.
And of course use local mangos – it is the season and they can be picked up all over Townsville currently.